Thursday, January 31, 2013
So as all days end, I kissed my boys good night and tucked them in. All's well that ends well, right? Just another day.
And then I proceeded to tuck myself in. Quit judging me, Judgy McJudgerson! Yeah, I "tuck myself in"! What's ths issue?
So, as I was saying, I tucked myself in and had a thought. "Today was a really good day."
TODAY WAS A REALLY GOOD DAY!! How's that?
I was a tad bit perplexed at my own thought. What exactly was it about today that was so damned special, you ask? (I couldn't help but ask myself the same question. Again, don't judge.)
Well. Allow me to recap.
1. I woke up. This always makes for a good day.
2. I got to sleep in a little. My boys had a late morning dentist appointment. So. We slept in. Bite me, haters.
3. My boys had dentist appointments. Forgive me a little, but, honestly, when you're a parent, nothing quite drives the "brush your teeth" argument home like having a cavity filled. Albeit a short lived point. But, a good point, nonetheless.
4. I got to post funny pictures of my kids at the dentist on Facebook. I mean, come on. This is good stuff, people.
5. My kids got to go to school late. As I recall, this always made for a five star day when I was a kid. And, I'm quite certain it was for my boys as well. Don't tell him I saw this, but, #1 actually skipped when he headed to the front door of his school. God love him.
6. In the 2 hour's time that my boys were at school I was able to get groceries at Aldi's, get stuff I couldn't get at Aldi's at IckyMart, make 4 necklaces, start a pot of chili, and sneak in a 10 minute cat nap. It was nothing short of glorious.
7. Took my boys to see my dad. This is always a treat. At 89 he is always full of business. Today was no exception. I think my boys may bring out the cantankerous side in him.
8. Got home, doctored chili, invited friend and child over for dinner and counted the minutes until the appropriate time for a glass of wine.
9. Had a pleasantly palated and fabulously scheduled evening of events for friend and child. Ok, fine. We had a really nice dinner. Yes, chili and wine for the "grown ups" and chicken and french fries for the children. You only wish you could have been here!!
10. Went to bed and realized that I had a really good day.
So, here's the kicker: it really is that simple. I just had a really good day. For no real reason other than it was. How nice?
And, how lucky am I?