Tuesday, November 8, 2011

'Tis Better to Give?

.....hmmmmm.....

Well, within reason.  Maybe.

I mean, I do love to give gifts just as much as the next girl.  But, anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE to get presents!  It makes my heart palpitate and my palms get all sweaty.

So, with the holiday season upon us I started thinking, if I could come up with my own out-of-the-box, no-holds-barred and partially ridiculous wish list, what would be on it?  I'll tell ya, it was fu-un putting it together.  I in no way shape or form expect any of this to magically appear at my house Christmas morning.  I was just simply indulging my completely over active imagination. 

I do have to say that I felt a little bit misguided without Oprah's Favorite Things list.  In years past this had become somewhat of a go-to list for all things coveted.  Although, in recent years the lists were starting to be a bit reminiscent of the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book.  In other words, a bit of a stretch for the average Jane, to say the least. 

So, here goes nothing.........

                                                                           ~~~~~~~

Dear Santa,

Well, hey there!  Have I told you lately how good you look?  I swear you could pass for a 20 year old.  I'll bet you get carded every time you make an egg nog run!  That Mrs. Claus is a lucky lady.

So, now listen, Nick, I know you're a busy guy and all, but, I just had a few teensy things I wanted to pass your way.  You know, just some 'suggestions' of some things that a gal like me might be interested in receiving, should you be so inclined.

I realize it's a bit unorthodoxed for a 42 year old woman to send you a Christmas list, but, see, I've got this 9 year old son who's teetering on his belief of whether or not you actually exist.  Crazy, I know!  I just thought maybe if you were to bring his mom some gifts on Christmas morning then he'd once again be a firm believer!  I mean, that's a win/win!  Am I right?  That is the only reason I ask.  Really.

So, here's my list, short and sweet:



1. Michal Kors watch
(how freaking HOT is this?)

2. Christian Louboutin pumps
(covet, covet, covet)


3. Upgrade my phone to an iPhone 4Gs

4.  Hermes Birkin bag 
(I'm hitting for the fence here, Nick!)

5. Tory Burch Reva Ballet flats in cheetah
(Right?)

6. Monogrammed phone cover for my new iPhone


7. Crock pot with automatic shut-off

8. Bobbi Brown shimmer brick
(It's my youth dew, or so I think)

9. SJP NYC
(Oh, it's sooo yumm-ayy!)


10. A tall, dark and handsome man :)


So, thanks for your consideration, big guy.  You're the best!

Kisses,
Julie Rowe

p.s. Seriously, if you ever get tired of that old ball and chain you know where to find me!  Wink, wink!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so maybe a bit over the top, but it's all in good fun!  No harm in dreaming, right?  What would be on your ideal wish list? 

Get busy being jolly, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment