Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tidbits

I am currently experiencing a writer's block, which is a bit disconcerting considering I have only been at this for just a few weeks.  It's not due to a lack of topics.  I have plenty of those.  I'm just not sure which one to tackle first.

I have opened up a big can of worms with my blogging.  My mind is reeling with all kinds of subjects to write about and I am having a very hard time focusing.  I suppose I could add Ginkgo Biloba to my pharmaceutical regimen but it's not at the top of my list of things to do.  Although, that's for memory, isn't it?  My memory is still relatively in tact.  As long as I don't run into someone that I haven't seen in a while.  I am terrible at names.  Don't you hate that?  Wait....see what I mean?  I CAN'T FOCUS!!!!

I guess more than anything I am feeling a bit stressed right now.  Like every other mom out there, I am feeling thinly spread.  My best course of action would be to take a step back, breath, and as my mother used to tell me, "get my priorities in order".  I'd take a yoga class to find my chi, or whatever, but who the bleep has time for that?

The fact of the matter is that my blog has become a big priority for me.  It is my current form of therapy, so thanks for humoring me, and for not charging me by the hour.

So, for a change I'm going to take on a couple of topics that are on my mind as we speak.


SMITTEN

This, by the way, is my very first suggested topic.  It was proposed to me by a friend of mine who is quite so at the moment.  Smitten, that is.  Lucky girl.  We all know that feeling.  That new love, butterflies in your stomach, I can't eat, sleep or think feeling that keeps a perpetual grin on our faces.  We've all been there, or at least I hope that everyone has been there.  Because there really is nothing better than the excitement of being head over heels for someone new and knowing that they are feeling the same way. 

Turns out my friend just met this fella a little over a week ago.  They met, he asked her out, they spent a whole day together and the rest is history.  She took a bit of a leap of faith with this one because she is freshly out of a fairly toxic relationship.  Her suitor isn't at all her normal "type", but he was nice to her.  Isn't that what we're all looking for? 

Now, here is where I start seeing a multitude of red flags, being the cynic and all. 
A. They just met. 
B. She's not yet divorced. 
C. They've only been out once. 
D. He's already talking drawer space.

As a girlfriend I feel it is my job, nay, duty to play devil's advocate.  I don't want to be a spoiler but I can't help but wonder if  Mr. Nice Guy has ulterior motives. My friend is very sweet and currently vulnerable and there are guys who can sniff out that kind of situation.  But, then again, maybe he really is just a nice guy who has finally found the girl of his dreams.  Who am I to judge? 

Maybe I am jealous.  Okay, so I probably am.  I'd certainly like to be bitten by the smitten bug.  I faintly remember that feeling.  I remember liking it, a lot in fact. 

So be it.  I am happy for her.  She deserves to be blissful.  After all, this is the perfect time of the year to "fall" in love. (Sorry about that.)  There is so much to do together.  The cool air gives you the perfect excuse to snuggle. And you've got approximately 8 months before he sees you in a bathing suit. Unless, of course,  you go on some tropical vacation together in the mean time.


THE GIRL BEACON

Have no fear, your girlfriends are here!  Wow, that was corny.  But, as a card carrying member of the BFFs club, I think everyone should be warned that the fairer sex will stick together through thick and thin.  When a girlfriend is in need all she has to do is shine the beacon high in the sky and those who are available will come running. 

The sisterhood of girlfriends is a very tight knit group.  And a very supportive one at that.  I could drop a massive cliche bomb on you right now, but I will resist.  As hard as that may be....

I guess I'm just expressing my gratitude.  It's been a tough couple of months/years and I have all but worn out my membership card.  But, my girlfriends have been there for me every step of the way.  A male friend of mine once remarked that I had surrounded myself with some great people.  Those words have resonated in my head for years now. 

So, when I saw the beacon go up a few nights ago I had to be sure to get there at all costs.  It's what we do.  It wasn't a high level emergency, but, a friend in need....sorry, couldn't help myself. 

I know, I know, you guys have your "guy code".  But, see, we girls do this thing, it's called "talking".  I know that you think we do too much of it.  But, it works for us.  We don't harbor in the murky waters of feeling crappy.  We get it out.  We counsel each other.  And then we braid each other's hair, have pillow fights and tickle one another.  As far as you know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, so maybe I had a bit more to say than I had originally thought.  I think I'll go meditate now and clear my head.  Yeah, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment